Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold over 500,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. We are seeking a Sales Analyst to build the capacity of our Sales Team.
This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales team and will work closely with the CCO.
1. Develop, along with CCO processes & systems for sales department to run more efficiently.
2. Manage and report sales data (forecasts, sales pipe-line, sell through rates, channel growth, conversion rates, wallet share, % of plan achieved, channel partners data-base, channel profitability, market share etc) vs budget and conduct analysis to drive improvements in sales strategy and RTM.
3. Assist the Head of Sales as well as management in developing and reviewing the sales budget
4. Prepare and present daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales performance
5. Work with Sales Executives on professional development and capacity building. Such as trainings on: forecasting, strategic plans and sales systems
6. Build and manage all sales systems and tools, e.g. BI platform, CRM including full integration with burn’s other internal systems e.g. ERP, and
7. Build out the CRM’s standard operating procedures and communicate across all sales teams.
8. Ensure that current and future data and system requirements are met to provide accurate decision making support to the business
9. Strategize, plan, and implement new product launches with CCO and sales team.
10. Conduct numeric distribution surveys as well as deep stick surveys related to channel efficiency etc
11. Research and evaluate current economic conditions that may affect the organization's ability to sell its products in the marketplace.
12. Recommend changes to current sales strategies, procedures and promotional efforts based on market research and new trends
13. Help the company optimize promotional and operational efforts through the analysis and prediction of sales trends and markets
14. Consolidate & analyze competitor’s information
Desired Experience & skills
Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team as well in independent environment
Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), and presentation skills with ability to conveycomplex information to a broad audience
Being resourceful, energetic, self-driven, structured, and displaying a strong desire to take initiative.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving capabilities, and detail-oriented:
At least 4 years of experience as data analyst in any of the following industries; Durable goods, home appliances, consumer electronics, manufacturing
MIS experience is a plus Data analysis ability, identify and analyze number patterns and outliers with aim to recommend improvement and or opportunities and solid understanding of commercial business.
8. Data-base creation and management capabilities
High Coordination skills
Experience in strategy development and business plans.
Process oriented; experience implementing processes and
systems. Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
High level of comfort supporting a team of outside Sales Executives & B2B clients
Sales experience preferred.
Good computer (MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Project and CRM) as well database skills (SQL)
Proficiency in English
Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience Effective projection and forecasting skills
Strong organizational, operational, and planning skills in a sales focused environment