Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers; our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Kampala, with presence in Nairobi and Barcelona, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa. Associate
Our rapidly expanding company is looking for a motivated and experienced Sales Associate
to grow our B2B customers. The ideal candidate should be excited about the opportunity to identify, pursue, and capture new business opportunities. This role involves developing and managing accounts as well as collaborating with other departments. The ability to nurture relationships with clients throughout the contract duration is crucial as well. The successful applicant will have great communication, teamwork, and analytical skills. They’ll have strong sales and acquisition experience along with a start up mentality. This is a huge opportunity for growth, and you will be working with one of the most dynamic and fast growing companies in East Africa!
- Deliver new business for SafeBoda rides product and also drive usage of new services (send, airtime, food).
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow SafeBoda’s business
- Prepare a rich pipeline and follow sales processes to convert leads into sales
- Share daily updates with the line manager
- 80% of your time will be based on field sales and 20% administration work
You should have
- New business customers acquired
- Cross selling customers other SafeBoda products
- At least 3 years experience in business development, customer management, sales, or a related field. Start up experience is a plus!
- A commercial mindset--be able to analyse data and competitor activities.
- Knowledge on excel and powerpoint.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superb negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of being highly proactive and creative in finding new business opportunities.
- The desire to become a SafeBoda super-user--love the product and be a passionate believer in our mission to modernise and professionalise the boda industry.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself