Sales Manager (Automotive) – Nairobi, Kenya
Summit Recruitment & SearchNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
Must have Degree/Diploma in a mechanical or business-related field.
Must have a minimum of 8 years’ sales experience especially in automotive spare parts with at least 3 years in a management position.
Must have experience in sales distribution or channel execution.
Must have superior analytical skills coupled with strong business acumen.
Must have excellent leadership/People Skills: exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to move and influence a large team towards a common goal and objective.
Must be proficient at analyzing data, building reporting, and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends.
- The successful candidate will be energetic, persuasive, and well organized and able to demonstrate the ability to sell.
- Manages and oversees key sales functions, such as the customer support team, the sales management team, and the key account management team.
- The sales manager ensures that all these departments work effectively and harmoniously to ensure the sales force productivity level stays high.
- Create strong relationships with key stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply and demand.
- Identify growth opportunity areas and business dealers to strengthen our business.
- Review and document market research and intelligence feedback.
- Protect and develop the existing dealers and clients through continuous relationship building and customer services programs.
- Regular and constant monitoring, analysis & evaluation of competitor activity, their effect on the business and in the market.
- Dealer and Network Development through brand visibility, dealer training, relationship management, close monitoring to enforce compliance and commitment of the dealers.
- Work with internal teams to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Problem resolution – technical, warranty, customer complaints, etc.; professionally and timely.
- Handle all customer feedback with root cause analysis and countermeasures for customer satisfaction.
- Customer database management – ensure completeness, accuracy, and usefulness of data always.
- Customer retention strategies through developing the existing customer base, continuous relationship building and customer satisfaction initiatives.
- Works with the finance department in formulating and deciding sales team budgetary allocations for optimal functioning and performance.
- Ensure reports and other internal intelligence and insight is provided to the management team of the organization.
- Analyze pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting to the general manager teams providing key business insights.
- Work with the Sales, Account Management, and branch teams to implement targeted sales strategy.
- Sales planning, annual target setting and sales budgeting for the department and team.
- Branch performance management. Review of branch managers and assign sales target.
- Coaching, mentoring and guiding the sales team including branch managers.
- Staff training and development needs assessment.
- Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Summit Recruitment & Search
Management Couple – Maasai Mara, Kenya
Summit Recruitment & Search / Narok
Farm Manager – Embu, Kenya
Summit Recruitment & Search / Embu
Forex Tellers – Nairobi, Kenya
Summit Recruitment & Search / Nairobi
Technical Sales Manager – Nairobi, Kenya
Summit Recruitment & Search / Nairobi
Financial Controller – Nanyuki, Kenya
Summit Recruitment & Search / Nanyuki
Frontline Marketing Portfolio Activation Manager
Kampala / Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
IT Business Development Officer
Nairobi / Telepost Sacco
Key Account Manager
Nairobi / Savannah Brands
Nairobi / E-Plus
Telesales Representative - Outbound
Nairobi / M-KOPA SOLAR