SB Food Support Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 23 days left to apply for this job.
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Nairobi, Barcelona, Kampala, and Mombasa, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
The Support Team is the face of SafeBoda, a supportive and reliable team providing day to day support to our customers. This involves coordinating with the Head of Support, Head of SB Food, Operations, Marketing and Tech team to fully understand the user experience and our customers’ needs.
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead this team for SB Food, a new innovative business line at SafeBoda. The ideal candidate has customer service experience, is passionate and dedicated and has experience in working in on demand Food delivery services.
You should have:
- Be an expert in customer service - confident to quickly handle and diagnose customer issues.
- Lead the SB Food support team in Kampala.
- Build processes and systems that improve the day-to-day support for SB Food.
- Setting up and managing the tools and processes, including call trackers, customer complaint logs and internal communication channels)
- Lead customer support and insight analysis for SB Food.
- Reporting and analysing customer call data to provide insights and solution-oriented feedback to senior stakeholders and other departments.
- Working with the SafeBoda Uganda team to provide ad-hoc marketing and customer research support.
- Collaborate with the Head of Support through leadership that values humility, empathy, growth of our people, and leading by example.
- 3+ years professional experience, preferably in a customer or client-facing role.
- Strong managerial experience growing and empowering a team.
- Familiarity with on-demand services and innovations in the Food space is a big bonus!
- Data-driven decision making mindset and solid analytical skills with an advanced experience of Excel and other software packages - confident to analyse and present data.
- Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Love the product and be a passionate believer in our mission to modernise and professionalise the industry in Kampala
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself