School Bus Driver
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
To provide the correct and safe mode of transportation as required by the School, to pupils, staff and any other passengers and goods to their appointed designation and in a timely fashion as required based on the school’s administrative schedule; running errands and deliveries as delegated; ensuring the vehicles are well maintained, clean and in good working order at all times; being on-call duty for any emergencies that require use of the school transport by the School; ensuring neatness, cleanliness and hygiene in the school compound.
MUST HAVE Qualifications and Experience
KCSE, Form 4
Valid Driving Licence A, B, C, E.
Valid PSV license
Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
At least five (5) years driving of which 2 years must be relevant working experience driving a School Bus
Knowledge in mechanics; understanding parts of the vehicle and ability to diagnose mechanical faults in time
Knowledge of Kenyan Ministry of Education guidelines as regards school transport
1. Providing School bus transport as required, to pupils, staff, other passengers as assigned and goods based on the school’s administrative schedule;
2. Ensuring compliance with the laid down School bus schedule for picking and dropping pupils and teachers;
3. Compliance with and enforcement of the School Bus safety and security Rules provided;
4. Ensuring safety for all passengers transported;
5. Ensuring students are safe while boarding and alighting the School bus and as they cross the road;
6. Paying attention to any traffic and weather conditions that may adversely affect the movement of the School Bus;
7. Ensuring good maintenance of the School buses at all times; keeping track of the condition of the bus parts and fuel consumption, journeys, cleanliness, etc, and taking prompt action of any bus malfunction.
8. Ensuring compliance with traffic regulations so that the vehicle/bus is driven in a safe and courteous manner;
9. Ensuring that the School Bus is parked safely before and after use
10. Reporting any delays, incidents and accidents that happen while on the route immediately
11. Ensuring your driver’s license, PSV license and Certificate of good conduct are in order and always valid; and that validity is renewed in time
12. Ensuring you are reachable at all times by your mobile phone when in and out of office.
13. Be available to respond to School’s emergency call requests requiring transport
14. Be a part of the School team that attends to and ensures the School grounds are kept clean, neat and tidy; with continuously well-maintained surfaces and landscape
15. Any other duties as assigned by management.Required education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Vehicle maintenance and repair; Bus driving (bus, minibus, coach); Logistics planning and management; Capacity planning; Driving license Class B, C, E - light vehicles & heavy commercial vehicles; Route planning; Traffic laws and regulations; Stock and inventory managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)