Secondary English Teacher
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
- Enthusiastic and growing Christian with the heart of a missionary
- Values and beliefs that align with the school’s Statement of Faith
- Strong academic credentials with valid teaching certification (BEd, ACSI certification, teaching license, or PGC)
- Two years of relevant experience preferred, but not required
- International experience preferred, but not required
- Two-year commitment preferred
- All staff are required to spiritual and professional references as well as a police check and Interpol check
- Completed Application form:http://www.heritage.co.ug/images/docs/Heritage-Application-Form-Revised-Jan-2018-.doc
- Personal Testimony and statement of faith.
- Scanned copy of Academic certificates.
We are looking for internationally qualified and experienced Secondary English Teachers to start August 1, 2020. English Language Arts is taught using the Common Core State Standards (American Curriculum) in secondary school, grades 6-12. The teacher of English Language arts should be able to foster creativity, critical - and problem-solving skills as he or she delivers our wide range of courses which include Western Literature, World Literature, American Literature and British Literature in high school. The teacher should deliver the curriculum using student-centered approaches such as assigning projects and assignments that require students to apply their learning to real-life situations. Ability or willingness to integrate both biblical concepts and technology in teaching English Language Arts is required.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)