Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
To assist in providing security to the University and ensure a safe and secure environment for students, staff, and property.Qualifications :
Key Outputs :
- Keeps surveillance at University facilities and properties.
- Collaborates with any Security Company Guards hired by the University to support implementation of security procedures.
- Cooperates with Uganda Police Force, Security Officers in other organizations, and informants during investigations.
- Guides motorists in proper parking and regulate traffic flow to and from the University.
- Directs visitors to relevant Offices.
- Apprehends suspects and hands them over to relevant authorities.
- Records gate passes and/or vehicle registration numbers for any vehicles entering or leaving the University premises.
- Mans the University gates to control incoming and outgoing vehicles and pedestrian traffic and conducts spot checks to ensure that University property is not taken out of the University without authority
- Ensures security lights are switched on and off at the right times.
- May be required to switch on and off the generator if necessary.
- Raises and lowers the Ugandan flag and any other flags that the University may host.
- Receives and delivers newspapers to the relevant offices daily.
- Ensures that all the buildings are securely locked.
- Ensures that canteens and clubs are closed at the right time.
- Daily surveillance report produced.
- Traffic flow is well regulated.
- A record of gate passes and vehicles entering or leaving the University premises is maintained.
- Security lights switched on and off at the right times; the buildings are securely locked and the generator promptly switched on when needed.
- Security of persons and property ensured at all times.
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)