Job verified by Fuzu
Skills Geographic Kenya (SGK) | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
A leading Tours & Travel Company is looking for a candidate to fill the position of Senior Accountant.
Reporting to financial controller, the accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparing and analyzing financial reports for individuals’ camps in accordance with generally accepted accounting policies.
- Reviewing of company's financial status to ensure that there are no discrepancies by performing the following duties:- summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Documents financial transactions.
- Guides the company accountant by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Liaises with auditors on any audit & tax issues.
- Intercompany reconciliation.
- Posts of issued items to the company into pastel.
- Preparing monthly stock take schedules and following up to ensure that the stock variances are addressed and control measures adopted to reduce the variances.
- Checks and verifies lpos for the group.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Any other duties as assigned by the financial controller.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Auditing of accounts; Account management; Financial reporting; Financial controllingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply