Senior Accounts Assistant - Wakiso
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualiﬁed Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts, which exist in Kira Municipal Council. Wakiso District.
Applications in triplicate should be addressed and submitted to the Secretary, District Service Commission — Wakiso District Headquarters Block D Room No.17 not later than 1/11/2019 on PSF 3 form. Female and people with special needs are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strictly observe the following:
1. For those already in service, applications should be routed through your respective Heads of Departments who should observe the closing date.
2. Applications must bear the title of the post applied foras well as the reference number
3. PHOTOSTAT copies of academic certiﬁcates and transcript fully certiﬁed by the awarding institution must be attached to the applications.
4. Photocopy of your National ID.
5. Day time telephone contact numbers/E-mail address should be clearly indicated
6. Age limit 49 yrs for entry Jobs.Job purpose:
To perform basic accounting processes involving preparing books of accounts and keeping custody of accounting transaction records.Qualifications:
A minimum of a Diploma in Accounting or Financial Management or Business Studies/Administration from a recognised awarding Institution.
Or A Pre-professional Accounting Qualification (ATC or CAT) awarded from recognised Institution and accredited by the Institute of Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU).
i. Providing custody for accounting records and documents;
ii. Processing deferred tax payments and returns and keeping records thereof;
iii. Posting financial transactions, cashbooks and subsidiary ledgers to General ledger and updating books of accounts;
iv. Preparing Pay Change report forms and reconciling payroll transaction reports;
v. Entering transactions into the commitment control register;
vi. Providing custody of cash and imprest and effecting payments; and
vii. Preparing draft monthly reconciliation reports.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)