Senior Administrative Assistant ,G7
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 17 days left to apply for this job.
PROFESSIONALISM: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g. human resources, budget/work programme, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.Education
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required. Candidates must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices Away from Headquarters. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Secretariat. Having passed the Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) in English at Headquarters, ECA, ESCWA, UNOG, UNOV, ICTR, or ICTY may be recognized in place of the GGST, pending confirmation of validity. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive work experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area, is required.Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Human Resources Management:Required education
• Coordinates various actions related to the administration of ’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures. Liaises with central administration/executive services as required.
• Receives and collates HR requests from UNEP Offices and using the weWork online tool assigns to the Chief of HR and senior management for approval.
• Provides administrative support to the Chief of Human Resources and other senior staff in the Section.
• Manages the weWork online tool and assist in providing training to new HR Focal Points
• Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
• Provides support and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
• Provides information and advice to staff/consultants with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
Organizational management under the UMOJA –Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system - Performs functions under organisational management in the UMOJA system including the following:
-Reviews proposals for the creation of index numbers in the UMOJA – ERP system for interns, meeting participants, consultants,
-Creates in the UMOJA - ERP System, organizational Units and staff positions.
-Assists in organizational management role of maintaining positions, creating and abolishing positions, and moving positions within organizational units.
Budget and Finance:
• Provides assistance in the preparation and development of the unit’s work programme and budget.
• Collects data from relevant databases and prepares customized funding reports.
• Provides assistance in the review, and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
• Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
• Assists in finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
General Administration Provides guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility:
• Prepares correspondence for the Chief of HR.
• Identifies and resolves diverse issues/problems as they arise and determines appropriate actions.
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
• Audits the contractors' invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN. Processes the payment of contractors' invoices and monitor payments. Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff including: UN grounds passes, property passes.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)