To assist in planning, coordinating and managing the relevant section under the Academic Registrar’s Department.
(i) Must possess a Masters’ degree in any of the following fields from a recognized University/Institution; Education or Educational Planning and Management or Human Resources Management or Public Administration and Management or Management Studies or Organizational Psychology or Business Administration (Management Option
(ii) (ii) Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields from a recognized awarding University/Institution; Education or Arts with Education or Science with Education or 1st Degree with Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
1. To assist the Deputy Academic Registrar in setting the strategic direction and overseeing the daily operations of the Office of the Academic Registrar.
2. To assist in preparing and implementing the annual work plan and budget of the department/section.
3. To assist the Deputy Academic Registrar in promoting collaboration among divisions, supporting the highest quality service and day-to-day operations.
4. To assist in planning and implementing practices that continuously improve the services and work provided by the office of the Academic Registrar including course registration, academic record-keeping, records privacy, transfer credit evaluation, curriculum management, transcript services, academic calendars, advisory support and degree requirement tracking, reporting, graduation certification, commencement, and other essential academic service functions.
5. To assist in interpreting and enforcing academic rules and regulations of Kyambogo University.
6. To assist in enforcing policies and procedures related to student data and records residing in the student information system and linked systems.
7. To assist the Deputy Registrar in organizing meetings and followups of the decision of the University Senate Committees and working groups.
8. To assist in managing specific portions of commencement operations.
9. To supervise and appraise lower-level staff.
10. To perform any other duties assigned by the Deputy Academic Registrar