Senior Assistant Registrar of Companies
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
- Is a Citizen of Kenya
- Has Served in the grade of a Assistant Registrar of Companies or a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Has Bachelors of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Is a member, in good standing, of the Law society of Kenya (LSK);
- Demonstrates computer literacy; and
- Has demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Duties and responsibilities will entail:- ensuring efficient and effective administration and operation of the Companies Act, the Registration of Business Names Act and Limited Liability Partnerships Act; registering and striking off companies, business names, limited liability partnerships, debentures and charges; maintaining records in the companies registry; preparing and issuing of searches and reports; undertaking investigation and prosecutions; undertaking law review and research relating to business registration; attending consultative meetings with stakeholders; creating linkages with professional bodies on matters of development of the legal framework for companies registration; handling client complaints and mediating between disputing parties; and monitoring and evaluation of performance of the sectionRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)