Job verified by Fuzu
BBC | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Broadcast Journalist (Health)
- Bachelor's degree
- Media, communications, languages
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Senior Broadcast Journalist (Health)Freelance Training Bootcamp
Somalia Working Test
2018 LCE Chinese Interpreters
The Standard Group PLC
The Standard Group PLC
Jobs in Media, communications, languagesMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
We are looking for a Senior Multimedia Broadcast Journalist with excellent spoken English Swahili to work in a new Africa Health Unit delivering a weekly TV programme and original digital video content for African audiences. The successful candidate will need to have excellent knowledge of Africa and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media content. They will have significant editorial responsibility and will be expected to plan, drive the creative vision and output the weekly TV show. They must demonstrate strong editorial judgement and solid journalistic skills. They will be able to write creatively, accurately and succinctly, and understand how to find and generate original and engaging stories that can work across all platforms. You will be adept at planning and producing video and TV packages, desk top editing, producing graphics, and arranging for guests to appear on our output. The job will require ambition, imagination and a large degree of initiative with the high editorial, journalism and production values expected by the BBC.
1. To compile and output innovative Health & Lifestyle programmes and content offering new perspectives and deeper exploration to stories, interviews, profiles and digital content.
2. To be creative and influential in developing BBC’s Africa’s Health & Lifestyle agenda and set an example for the producers to follow and to formulate ideas which will inspire and inform audiences.
3. To plan, structure, write and produce content for use on TV, Digital and Radio and to develop treatments of the highest quality and with journalism at the heart.
4. To oversee and comply content and ensure it meets BBC standards and legal requirements.
5. To deputise for the Editor and line manage some member of the team, train and develop the staff.
6. To forge working relationships with all BBC Africa services, other departments within the BBC, external Organisations and independent production companies.
7. To manage production budgets effectively.
8. To prepare edited material either working in a self-op environment or with a craft editor to produce inserts and packages for the various outlets such as TV features, News bulletins, Online or social.
9. To tell stories in a compelling manner and capture human endeavour and connection, which appeals to audiences.
10. To generate ideas and material that can work across all platforms in order to maximise impact and efficiencies. To help increase the co-operation between teams and ensure more collaborative future planning.
11. To find and brief contributors for live and edited stories and in some cases interview them for broadcast.
12. Produce a reporter or presenter on location.
13. A full command of written and spoken English and Swahili is required. Another African language is also desirable.
14. To develop original ideas for digital content.
15. To adhere to Editorial Guidelines and BBC Industry Codes of Practice and be responsible for ensuring safe working practices and the observance of BBC’s Health and Safety Regulations.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Team leadership; Film and video editing; Multimedia; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); JournalismRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)