Senior Business Development Advisor
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC) works with entrepreneurs in Rwanda and Kenya to provide the systems and strategies to grow their businesses. Founded in 2012, AEC is a mission-driven organization that seeks both social impact and financial sustainability. AEC identifies entrepreneurs and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others, so far AEC has worked with more than 19,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including refugee entrepreneurs and host communities to provide them with business education, consulting, and access to finance so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
AEC Kenya seeks a highly talented and experienced Senior Business Development Advisor to work directly with our entrepreneur clients.
The Senior Business Development Advisor will join a growing start-up team withcore responsibilities as follows:
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and advisor to Business Associates (BAS) and Business Development Advisors (BDAs) to help them improve their capabilities and skills
- Assist BDAs/BDAs and review work as needed to ensure high-quality work is delivered to clients
- Coordinate the BDAs and BAs activities with other department activities, ensuring the highest quality of organization and client services outcomes
- Work with the Business Development Manager and Executive team to develop annual goals for the MBS department
- Build the capacity of BDAs and BAs team to reach AEC Kenya’s annual objectives, in particular providing training on matters related to Business Development Services. Additionally, support BDAs/BAs assist AEC Kenya and AEC management in Micro Business Solutions projects, including training, and representation of AEC Kenya in Daadab refugee camps and different attend different meetings, i.e. partners/county government meetings
- Represent AEC Kenya in the local business community, conferences, and other events
- Maintain and develop relationships with business community leaders in Daadab
- Keep up to date on the latest business and industry trends in Kenya and across East Africa
- Manage and supervise 3 locations in and around Daadab camp
- Ensure set KPIs are met in the locations under his/her supervision
- Regularly communicate with BDAs and BAs to conduct site visits as needed to keep clients engaged and deliver services as planned and promised to clients
- Connect clients to other AEC Kenya services, as appropriate
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Conduct site visits and client interviews to fully understand business needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Review BDAs & BAs consulting work that defines the strengths & weaknesses of the clients
- Assist BDAs & BAs to implement recommendations of businesses and help clients to navigate. challenges, make sound business decisions and achieve their business/growth goals
- Manage the schedule and delivery of services throughout client engagements
- Regularly track and report on the progress of client work and project deliverables
We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, and imagination.The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 3+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Experience in consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Must speak fluent English and Swahili; knowledge of other languages i.e. Arabic, Somali is an added advantage
- Must be able to legally work in Kenya
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Accounting or related field
All staff embodies the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback.
Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others. Be compassionate and inclusive.
Tuko Pamoja: We appreciate our colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
- A fun, collaborative work environment that is driven by our values and mission
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Kenya
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
6 days left to apply
African Entrepreneur Collective
African Entrepreneur Collective works with local entrepreneurs so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs. AEC has 140 staff in offices in: - Rwanda (Kigali and Musanze) - Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab, Kakuma) Working with 14,000 entrepreneurs in 2020, AEC is poised to grow with new offices in Kenya in 2021, providing training, consulting, and access to affordable finance. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Meet your new colleagues
6 days left to apply