The Senior Complaints Management Officer will be responsible to the Head ofComplaints Management.
• Must be a citizen of Kenya.
• Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
• Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of
Complaints Management Officer I or for a period of six (6) years in
Complaints services in the Public Service or Private Sector;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Criminology,
Dispute Resolution, Psychology and other Social Sciences or equivalent
qualifications from a recognized institution; and
• Certificate in computer application skills.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Required behavioural skills:
• Candidates must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent
interpersonal skills and be a team player;
• Demonstrate impartiality, discretion, tact and good/ firm judgement;
• Strong analytical skills and critical thinker;
• Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues.
i. Coordinating receipt of complaints against and by the police and
ensuring that necessary records of the same are made;
ii. Supervising the screening and processing of all complainants;
iii. Ensuring that complainants are attended to and advised on ways to
resolve the complaints;
iv. Assessing complaints to ensure documents in support of each complaint
are submitted to the Authority;
v. Coordinating and supporting the Case In-take Committee to determine
the admissibility of complaints received;
vi. Implementing systems and processes for efficient processing and
management of complaints against the police;
vii. Monitoring complaints and ensuring that complainants are updated on
the status of their complaints especially the ones referred to IAU for
viii. Coordinating the conduct of preliminary inquiries on complaints
received and ensuring that police stations and other relevant agencies
are contacted with the aim of obtaining information and requisite
ix. Analysing and causing complaints to be referred to relevant agencies;
x. Assisting in the promotion of proactive resolution of complaints against
the police through ADR;
xi. Ensuring that data is received, uploaded and up-dated into the
Complaints Investigations Management System (CIMS), ECM and other
xii. Ensuring all correspondence and records are up to date and filed
accurately in respective files;
xiii. Responding to inquiries by complainants and providing appropriate
xiv. Assisting in preparation of various department reports as and when
xv. Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Authority