Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
To coordinate the provision of counseling and guidance services to the students and members of staff.
i. Should have a minimum of Master’s Degree in the field of Guidance and Counseling or its equivalent from a recognized awarding University / Institution.
ii. Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Guidance & Counseling or its equivalent from a recognized awarding University / Institution.
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
1. To coordinate the planning and development of appropriate programs, strategies and activities for counselling and guidance at the University.
2. To counsel and guide staff and students to resolve their problems of any nature.
3. To provide competent advice to students on their careers.
4. To compile and maintain a record of useful information on guidance and counseling services and make it available to the clients.
5. To support the Dean of Students, the Medical Officer, the Wardens and other University department organs in the day-to-day care of staff and students as the cases may require.
6. To coordinate the development and dissemination of guidelines on counseling and guidance services.
7. To organize and conduct counselling and guidance training programs and mentorship
8. To refer clients to other specialized service entities found appropriate.
9. To perform other duties assigned by the Dean of Students
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)