Job verified by Fuzu
UNHCR | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior CRR Officer
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Senior CRR OfficerAssociate Director, Field Operations-Uganda
Wash Assistant (Hygiene and Sanitation)-Uganda
Danish Refugee Council
Programme Design Coordinator
Community Development Specialist
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The Comprehensive Refugee Response (CRR) Officer will be critical in supporting the development and implementation of a comprehensive response at national, regional and district levels. The incumbent will have extensive contacts with both internal and external counterparts and partners. Within UNHCR, the Officer will establish close working relations with the relevant staff working in the community services, protection, program and field sectors. Key external partners will include the CRRF secretariat, national, regional and district authorities, the UN and international organizations, UNHCR implementing and operational partners, International and Local NGOs, development agencies and other actors engaged in humanitarian and development initiatives in the relevant districts. The incumbent will be the key interlocutor with National and District Government Authorities and will have to identify and actively partner with other actors and structures potentially able to contribute to the strategies and solutions for refugees.
The incumbent normally works under the supervision of the Senior CRR Coordinator or the UNHCR (Regional) Representative or a senior Officer as delegated by the (Regional) Representative.
- Developing and Monitoring is provided for the roll-out of the CRRF in the operation under the area of responsibility (AoR), including various stages of planning, implementation and stocktaking.
- Active engagement in leading and providing guidance to the government and a broad range of other stakeholders is ensured.
- Existing partnerships are strengthened and new partnerships nurtured in support of the CRRF roll-out at country/regional level.
- The progress of CRRF roll-out at country/regional level is reported on, and advice on adapting response, partnership and other strategies provided where necessary.
- Take leadership in supporting the government in the development of a CRRF strategy for the roll-out country or region concerned. Identify and respond to specific support needs within CRRF Secretariats or related government-led coordination platforms, as applicable.
- Strengthen the institutionalization of CRRF-oriented approaches within UNHCR, with various government offices at national/regional and district levels, as well as abroad range of development and humanitarian partners through support and participation in all planning and other processes in the various stages of the CRRF roll-out.
- Actively participate in the conceptual development and operational outline of the CRR roll-out, including the thematic and geographic areas of refugee response. Identify priority areas, partnerships, coordination/operational arrangements and opportunities for resource mobilization for the CRRF.
- Ensure targeted advocacy and messaging and provide operational guidance for its implementation in close coordination with the Task Team in HQ. Support and/or oversee the development and implementation of a communication and stakeholder engagement strategy, if necessary.
- Explore new and broaden existing partnerships with a broad number of partners and stakeholders on issues related to the roll-out and implementation of the CRRF, including the Government, civil society international and regional organizations, private sector, academia and other interlocutors, as outlined in the multi-stakeholder approach of the New York Declaration. Build on and strengthen existing structures, coordination and financing mechanisms where possible.
- Seek and follow up on collaboration opportunities with the World Bank, international financial institutions and other related actors in close collaboration with Sr. Development Advisers, where applicable.
- Facilitate the coordination and information flow between UNHCR, the CRRF Secretariat/ related coordination platform and all stakeholders involved in the roll-out of the CRRF at national and field levels. And stay abreast of the CRRF implementation at the country/regional level.
- Gather, analyse and disseminate information in the roll out country which have a bearing on UNHCR¿s role in the roll-out of the implementation of the pledges.
- Facilitate and support in the different stages of stocktaking in the CRRF roll-out, including identifying and synthesizing lessons learnt and good practices in collaboration with UNHCR Headquarters.
- Represent UNHCR in meetings and fora related to the functions of the position.
- Provide strategic direction to the CRRF roll-out in the given country/region, as agreed with the manager.
- Coordinate planning, implementation, resource mobilization, reporting and stocktaking activities, as agreed with the manager.
- Build and strengthen short- and longer-term partnerships, and nurture engagement of development actors.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Strategizing; Reporting; Operative planning; Partnerships; Project implementation; Research planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)