Senior Data Analyst
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Kampala, Nairobi, Nigeria, and Barcelona, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
The BI & Analytics team at SafeBoda is at the heart of decision making across the business. The team's core focus is to provide business data and meaningful insights across all areas of the business. As well as developing self service reports and dashboards, our Data Analysts act as thought partners to each area of the business, providing them with crucial insights and support with experimentation to determine strategy. The ideal data analyst will have had 7- 10 years of practical experience in data visualizations, analytics, BI tools and in running experiments.
- Becoming an expert in the data model and the data needs of specific parts of the business
- Analytics - understanding historical trends, user behavior, and product insights and where possible using visualisation to provide a storyboard of the learnings.
- Working with departments across the organisation to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Working with business owners on running data driven experiments to determine strategy
- Roll out self service analytics reports and dashboards that can be independently used by users in the business
- Design analytical and reporting frameworks to make complex data easy to understand and drive decision making for stakeholders
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting & model
- BS/BA or higher in quantitative fields, statistics, math, computer science, operations management, engineering or related disciplines
- 7- 10 years of experience as a data analyst
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods are a plus
- Experience in handling large scale unstructured data. Experience in SQL, as well as ability to learn more advanced data programming using Python etc
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a passion toward action and a get things done attitude
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team. .
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself