Nakala Analytics Ltd | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Data Systems Developer
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
About Nakala Analytics
Nakala Analytics Ltd is a data analytics startup company specializing in Business Analytics, Machine Learning and Data Engineering operating in Kenya. We develop and implement decision support tools that help businesses analyze data efficiently and effectively.
We are seeking a Senior Data Systems Developer to support development of our data science systems. As a Senior Data Systems Developer, you can expect to spend a large proportion of your day executing the following tasks:
- First and foremost, developing data systems aligned to our mission and vision.
- Look for the right design patterns, libraries, frameworks, and processes
- Develops data solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life-cycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Creating systems that support seamless transition between data integration, data visualization, and modelling phases of data science.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object oriented languages.
- Basic understanding of machine learning.
- Experience coding, testing and documenting code, including all front end functionality and templating using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Know the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
- Experience with data integration using big data systems such as spark
- Knowledge of modern cloud infrastructure best practices
PermanentAvailable to start:
Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required.Experience
Strong software engineering + database development experience.Soft Skills:
We are looking for people with:
- Curiosity, interest and capacity to continuously learn.
- Initiative, autonomy and fast integration in professional teams.
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
General Informationtranslation missing: en.pages.job_page.salary_range
: from KSh100,000Additional information
: Lunch & Performance BonusJob start date
: Sunday, July 1, 2018Contract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Market research, intelligence; Non-relational databases (NoSQL, etc.); Big data and data analytics; Relational databases (SQL); Sales performance tracking and reporting; Technical sales; Sales strategy; Java; MarketingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)