Senior Electrician- Nakuru
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 17 days left to apply for this job.
We are looking for a Senior electrician at our factory in Nakuru with 5 to 10 years
practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician preferably in a Textile manufacturing unit.
The suitable candidate can be upgraded to Assistant Electrical Engineer if performance is satisfactory on given job Descriptions and KPI’s
Reports to HOD-Electrical
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma or Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution
- Minimum 5 year’s practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician
preferably in a Textile manufacturing unit.
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing electrical installations
- Able to understand and interpret electrical plan and drawings.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.
- Abilit to manage Man Power,plan, prioritize workload in order to meet required
1)Helping the HOD in Man Power management and establishing the better work culture and culture of discipline within the Electrical team
2) To do the trouble shootings with targeted MTTR and accuracy of the work done without repetition of the same issue. Tracking of MTBF, MTTR and OEE for all the equipments
3) To do the root cause analysis for all failures with the Electrical and maintenance team and ensure that the permanent counter measure has been taken in case of any mechanical or Quality issues
4) Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety & reliability of all equipment
5) Discussing and solving complex problems together with the Electrical, Workshop and respective departmental maintenance team
6) To manage and support various cost saving and Energy saving projects in the Electrical and Production departments and ensure that the set targets has been achieved within the set timeline
7) To keep equipment operational and improve the machine conditions and reliability by coordinating with electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
8) To prepare and follow the daily, weekly and monthly check list and electrical maintenance plan for the equipment
9) To support all the Production departments to achieve the Production, Quality, Wastages, maintenance Cost, Power Cost, Run Time, MTBF&MTTR and OEE targets as per their Goals & Objective
10) To monitor the Electrical and Maintenance DWM boards, daily, weekly, monthly records, ECL’s, Pre Audit s, Post Audits for the machines to be taken under P.M., Ensure the Logging-in of all the P.M. activities and tolerances
11) To sensitize and train each and every employee for the energy saving, Highlight proactively the Gaps in terms of machine under utilizations leading to high energy consumption
12) To ensure the proper communication and coordination between the Electrical Team, Maintenance and Production Teams in different departments
13) To adhere with the Kaizen methodology and DWM system already in place with the
14) To prepare the training plan for the electricians as per the Skill Gaps and train them accordingly
15) Conformance of the safety rules,5K & Company policies
16) To check the performance of the team members against the targets, understand the Gaps and assist/guide the team to overcome the challenges
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Spin-Knit Limited has no other jobs