Job verified by Fuzu
International Rescue Committee | Kakuma, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Field Coordinator-Hagadera
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Senior Field Coordinator-HagaderaSenior Technical Advisor, Regional Policy Environment
Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Senior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Inputs
Senior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Trade and Value Chains
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Kakuma
The Field Coordinator (FC) plays a key role in the overall leadership and management of the IRC Kenya Program. The Field Coordinator leads IRCs response in Hagadera and Garissa Field Sites and is responsible for supporting, coordinating and supervising timely and high-quality program implementation, with a specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program. Under the supervision of Deputy Director of Operations (DDO), the Field Coordinator will be responsible for the overall field coordination, program support, and field office management working in close collaboration with other members of the senior management team including the Country Director, Deputy Director of Program (DDP), Deputy Director Grants & Accountability, Finance Controller, Senior HR Coordinator, Technical Coordinators (Heath, WPE, Nutrition, Emergency …etc.). The Field Coordinator will be based in Hagadera with travel to Garissa and other field sites as required.
Field Office and Program Management
• Oversee day-to-day implementation of all programs in the field site, providing constructive supervision to the program managers to implement, monitor, evaluate work plans including monitoring & evaluation mechanisms as agreed with the Deputy Director Programs and in coordination with the IRC sector Technical Coordinators.
• In close collaboration with relevant Technical Coordinator(s), lead the field-based teams in the development of new proposals and initiatives for the Hagadera and Garissa field site in accordance with the country program strategic plan and IRC Strategic Action Plan 2020 framework.
• Participate in the development of budgets for program proposals in conjunction with the grants and finance departments.
• Ensure timely and quality program implementation, reporting, and monitoring.
• Contribute to assessments, program design, and budgeting.
• Ensure programs are in compliance with IRC, donor and national requirements.
Grants Management and Reporting
• In close coordination with the Grants department and the relevant Technical Coordinator(s), lead field-level Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings.
• Review operational aspects of internal and external reports from the field site and ensure timely submission as required
• Lead review of Budget vs. Actual expenditure on a monthly basis with staff, ensuring timely and accurate feedback to the relevant Technical Coordinator(s) and the Grants, Finance and Supply Chain departments.
• In collaboration with the Technical Coordinator(s) address any over/under expenditure issues through jointly developed corrective plans.
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Ensure appropriate M&E activities are carried out regularly by program staff in all sectors (data collection & analysis, monitoring of project progress against established work plans, monitoring of established indicators and utilization of results to inform program (re-)design);
• Support in Identifying gaps in M&E systems and make recommendations for improvements
• Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
• Participate in workshops at field level to establish and monitor annual operating plans for the strategic plan;
• Ensure that all project activities are consistent with established best practices and IRC’s Program Framework principles.
Human Recourse Management
• Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
• Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand IRCs Global and in-country HR Policies and the IRC Way Standards for professional Conduct. Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the Sr HR Coordinator in a professional manner and in line with the letter and spirit of the relevant policy.
• Ensure the Performance Management cycle is implemented and documented timely for all staff in the field site. Ensure feedback from technical coordinators is sought and incorporated in performance management cycles of program managers and heads of department, including but not limited to technical performance and capacity building needs.
• Provide direct supervision to the field site’s HR lead, ensuring recruitment, staff orientation, and payroll preparation, leave management and exit management processes are carried out timely and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
• Ensure that staff have capacity development plans in place based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise. Work with the appropriate technical resource (for example the Technical Coordinators) to achieve this
Finance and Supply Chain and ICT Management
• In close coordination with the Finance department, lead the development and management of annual, comprehensive and inclusive field operating budgets.
• Oversee the financial management of field office operations by the Program Managers, and the Finance staff, including cash management, issuing and tracking advances, ensuring complete and correct use of all finance forms; timely notice to Nairobi of cash transfer needs;
• Ensure proper financial, supply chain and ICT management systems and control mechanisms are in place and adhered to in line with the IRC’s global and in-country finance and supply chain policies.
• Oversee the carrying out of supply chain support operations by Hagadera supply chain staff, including procurement (both local and through Nairobi), stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
• Provide supervision and leadership to the field site’s finance and supply chain teams.
• Review and ensure timely submission of monthly and annual finance and supply chain reports from the field site as required.
• Act as IRCs Security Focal Point for the field site.
• Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand IRC Hagadera and Garissa’s security regulations; Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the Security Manager.
• Monitor the Hagadera and Garissa security situation, attend security meetings and inform the Security Manager, and SMT where appropriate, of developments through submission of accurate weekly and –where needed- ad-hoc security and incident reports.
• Participate in the review and update of the country Security Management Plan.
• Assist the Security Manager in developing field specific Contingency Plans, Medevac, Evacuation Plans and SOPs.
• Assist the Security Manager with developing training plans for staff and conducting trainings.
Representation and Coordination
• Represent the IRC with local government authorities (administrative, sectoral and security officials), non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at the field site level. Engage and or delegate to program staff for sector representation as appropriate.
• Represent the IRC with beneficiaries and communities to encourage accountability to those we serve
• Upon request by the Senior Management Team, organize and facilitate field visits for stakeholders interested in IRC’s Hagadera and Garissa response.
• Coordinate IRC program activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies;
• Assist in the preparation of regular reports to keep partners and stakeholders informed of IRC’s activities;
• Draft reports and provide verbal updates to the Country Director.
• Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at the county level including donors, government actors, local traditional leadership, beneficiary populations and their representatives, etc.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KakumaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Capacity planning; Talent management and planning; Grant and fund management; Project implementation; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Programme managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)