Senior Field Intelligence Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers. It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit, and has financed over 30,000 customers.
About the role
This position will play an integral role in the operations of Tugende. The Senior Field Intelligence Officer will serve as the main point of contact between Tugende and clients
who have any motorcycle security issues. The goal is to help Tugende in maintaining
excellent working conditions by keeping our assets and our customers safe and
The position involves creating a secure work environment for our staff and customers. As
a Senior Field Intelligence Officer , you will be responsible for minimizing theft,
vandalism and any other suspicious or criminal behaviour, working closely with relevant
law enforcement authorities. You will also be a key point of contact for customers who
have security challenges, respect customer dignity and professionalism are key attributes for this job.
- Ensure all client security issues are dealt with integrity and in a timely manner.
- Support the field team in co-ordinating collection and recovery operations.
- Ensure all field operations conducted by the Field Officers are managed effectively, with safety & care
- Coordinate all security-related measures for Tugende, including making reports and follow-ups with police and other relevant authorities
- Maintain proper record keeping and timely reporting on any security and safety threats to the company
- Ensure safe custody of all company property/assets at all times
- Advise the company on all security-related matters both internally and externally as well as participate in taking corrective/preventive actions on such matters
- Supervise the day and night time security guards
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly analyze information and make informed decisions
- Good risk assessment skills
- Ability to build strong professional networks
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Motorcycle riding proficiency with the willingness to quickly develop into expert status
- Proficiency in multiple local languages will be an added advantage
- Computer literate with the ability to use MS Office and Google Suite
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A diploma preferable in any business-related field from a reputable institution of
- Relevant training in security from a recognised institution is an added advantage
- 2 years’ work experience as a Security Officer in a reputable organisation.
- Good customer experience and ability to deal with difficult clients
- Hold values similar to our own: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
- Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and
- Positive Attitude : maintain a mindset of “getting things done” and finding
satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours,
seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
- Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant potential to grow as the company and
Operations function grow in Kenya. Someone who does this job can be promoted to;
Security Co-ordinator or Team Leader with a possibility of crossing to other functions
within the operations department, for positions such as Credit / Collections,, Coordinator,
Deputy Branch Leader, Junior Branch Leader, Branch Leader and Senior Branch Leader
- Hours and compensation: This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. Tugende offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and growth.
- Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing Africa’s asset-finance industry by
building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join us!
- Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of ~450 employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary
team outings, as well as events for our customers. Our journey began in Kampala, Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
11 days left to apply
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers. It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit, and has financed over 27,000 customers.
Meet your new colleagues
11 days left to apply