Senior Flight Operations Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
The job holder is responsible in ensuring adherence of flight safety procedures during service delivery as guided by the Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs) and AMREF Flying Doctors (AFD) standard procedures.
Supervising the daily flight operations duties of Flight Operations Officers • Flight planning and dispatch of AFD active flights in accordance to AFD standards and Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs).
• Ensuring safe and efficient running of the Flight Operations office;
Ensuring safe and efficient scheduling and re-scheduling of Flight Crew as required;
• Ensuring that adequate stocks of official company forms are available for use in Flight Operations;
• Preparation, submission and distribution of Operational Flight Plans and Flight Logs:
• Supervising preparation of all flight briefings and provision of flight planning information;
• Organizing of aircraft movements in the event of disruption owing to weather, technical or other factors to achieve the minimum loss of time and minimum interference to the schedule;
• Ensuring the assembly of all documentation as provided for in the flight portfolio prior to an active flight
Maintaining flight movement watch and flight following;
• Relay departure, arrival, delay of aircraft and airfield status and other pertinent information to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Head of Operations (HoO) the Operations & Network Manager (OM) and medical team for both sub-charter and AFD flights
• Conducting departure and arrival briefings to crew as well as communicating relevant information to patients or those accompanying them.
• Implementing airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
• Monitoring the arrival, parking, refuelling, loading and departure of both sub-charter and AFD flights
• Coordinating with the applicable agencies to meet aircrew requirements for refuelling, ground services, crew transportation and accommodation.
• Procuring, producing and providing information on the safe operation of aircraft, such as flight planning publications, operations publications, charts and maps and weather information;
• Ensuring the retention of all required flight operations documents as per AFD standards and civil aviation regulations;
• Assisting medical crew and passengers during loading and offloading of aircraft;
• Communicating with the HoM in regards to aircraft maintenance related activities affecting flight operations.
• Ensuring that flight reports on Safety, Incidents, Accidents or Security related reports are processed in accordance with AFD procedures; • Monitoring and reporting of crew duty time and rest requirements as per AFD standards and CARs;
Initiating Accident/Alarm procedures inclusive of notification process and maintaining a written log during the incident.
• In conjunction with the medical team answer telephones and respond to operational queries as required to the satisfaction of the clients in accordance to the AFD standards.
• Quality management and data entry of all relevant flight information into the company database system as well as post flight filing of flight operations documents for monitoring purposes by the Operations Manager and HoO as required by the regulator
• Producing applicable operational reports as requested by the Operations Manager and the COO
• Any other work related activity as assigned by the Operations ManagerRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)