Senior Frontend Engineer
Salary range: KSh150,000 - KSh300,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 15 days left to apply for this job.
Lynk is a startup which builds technology to connect blue collar workers in Kenya - from carpenters to cleaners - to jobs. Our suite of products seeks to satisfy a breadth of consumer needs, which provide multiple channels to increase incomes for workers in our system:
- Lynk Requests: A marketplace product enabling customers to request services in over 50 categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors, and receive shortlisted bids.
- Lynk Shop: An e-commerce product enabling workers on the platform to sell ready-to-buy products or services.
- Byld: A tech-based platform for the recruitment and management of workers on large construction sites.
Lynk is consistently regarded is one of the most exciting and socially impactful start-ups in Africa:
- (2018) Africa regional winner of the MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge for global technology solutions that improve livelihoods
- (2018) Selected into the prestigious MIT 2018 SOLVER class of solutions that are changing the world, in the subcategory of “work of the future”
- (2018) Named one of East Africa’s top 10 startups to watch by I-Dev international
- (2017) Grand winner of the Ford Foundation and the Global Center for Youth Employment Ideathon for initiatives that can bring disruptive change to youth employment
- (2017) Selected to the inaugural XL Africa fellowship put on by the World Bank for high potential startups in Africa
As a Frontend Engineer you enjoy making beautiful user interfaces. You have strong opinions based on experience about which frameworks to work with and you know which mistakes to avoid. Good UX design is something you live by and you have the right mind to decide when to use additional tools and frameworks and when to work with vanilla JS.
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
- Show us why they are suited for this position, rather than just tell us
- Fluent English
- Good understanding of ES6
- Some experience with TypeScript
- Experience with unit testing
- Deep knowledge of web technologies (REST/HTTP, web sockets, ...)
- Good understanding of popular programming paradigms (e.g. object orientation, functional programming, ...)
- Able to fit into a fun and outgoing work environment
- Work experience and/or relevant educational background
To apply: please send a CV, and cover letter to: [email protected]
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building scalable and highly usable frontend applications using Angular, VueJS, Backbone and vanilla js
- Help define the most beautiful user interactions in Kenya
- Solve (many) real problems using tech
- Support in taking correct technology decisions
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),