The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other United Nations offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). The advertised post is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), Human Resources and Management Service (HRMS), in the Operations Support Desk team. Under the general supervision of the Chief, Staff Pay and Benefits (SPnB), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
(1)Provides Umoja technical support:
• Reviews and processes requests from Staff Pay and Benefits Secion (SPNB) and clients and provides guidance and technical support pertaining to conditions of service and Umoja related technical issues.
• Reviews and processes requests for entitlements and exceptions to the Staff Rules and Regulations concerning travel entitlements, currency of payment of emoluments and rental subsidy.
• Monitors issues on conditions of service of staff and advises the SPNB HR Partners of any developments.
(2) Operational Support Desk (OSD) services:
• Troubleshoots Umoja and IMIS complex cases and takes corrective action -Identifies Umoja related training needs of SPnB HR Partners, develops training materials and delivers the related trainings;
• Undertakes HR complex related projects i.e. dependency review exercises, continuing appointments and random checks on other entitlements, as and when required
• Regularly undertakes monitoring role in Umoja i.e. personnel actions processed, rental subsidy monitoring
• Tests HR related Umoja solutions in conjuction with the OHRM Umoja Team before a solution is rolled out in production
• Reviews and processes retroactive actions, and liaise with Payroll colleagues on any payments/deductions, as required
• Time management and monitoring for UNON, UNEP, UN-Habitat and IFAD i.e. reviews and records retro-actively absences, reviews and takes corrective actions of absence quotas;
• Reviews all HR related job aids and release notes and provides support to SPNB HR Partners on new instructions and changes in the system
• Liaises between OHRM and SPnB on Umoja technical issues, complex cases and policy clarification. General ·Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and prepares notes/reports.
• Conducts research on precedents, policy rulings and procedures and advises SPNB HR Partners and staff members accordingly.
• Generates and analyzes statistical reports on HR related issues.
• Assists in the preparation of information circulars for HR related issues.
• Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications;
• Prepares written response to queries concerning HR related matters. ·Trains and provides support to new and lower-level staff in the service. ·
• Assists in the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities.
(3)Performs other duties as required.