Senior Information Systems Assistant G7
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is located in Budget and Financial Management Services (BFMS), Division of Administrative Services (DAS).
1. Reporting and Dashboards:
• Participate in the development, testing, debugging and implementation of new reports and dashboards.
• Design and develop reports and dashboards, typically using Business Intelligence (BI), Power BI or iNeed as well as UN established standards for Information Technology (IT) technologies and tools.
• Assist in training, developing/refining support and operations procedures for developed reports and dashboards.
• Contribute to feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation and testing of computer application systems improvements and new computer
2. Automation, Data and Statistics Management:
• Automate the process of data extraction, data cleansing for the generation of reports. Monitor applications, systems using appropriate monitoring tool and produce monitoring reports.
• Explore different methods of capturing and analyzing statistical data available. Maintain historical data for statistical purpose.
• Assist in the identification of user requirements, including business process and document workflow analysis, organization and maintenance of document repositories; identify classification schema, retention and archival procedures; design and develop workflow systems; conduct research on document/information/knowledge management computer applications' tools, procedures and standards.
• Provide support for computer information systems, databases and applications in assigned area; performs complex troubleshooting for various financial applications.
• Manage, design, create, produce and maintain technical documentation for relevant computer application systems and products; manage and administer changes to technical
documentation in accordance with prevailing change management and operation procedures.
• Keep abreast of developments in the field; conduct research on new technologies; perform bench-marking and propose new acquisitions; assist in the implementation of new technologies.
• Serve as team leader in projects dealing with the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of simple computer application systems; liaise with users to define and specify requirements; build, test and modify prototype computer application systems; perform installation and maintenance of computer applications systems in user offices.
• Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff; plan day-to-day work and supervise other staff as required.
• Perform other related duties as required.Required education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)