To take a lead role in research, teaching, and curriculum development.
o PhD degree in Agriculture or Agriculture Education from a recognized Institution.
o Master of Science degree in Agriculture or Master of Education degree (Agricultural Education) from a recognized Institution.
o Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture or Bachelor of Science degree with Education (Agriculture double main) from a recognized Institution.
o Five (5) recognized publications in the area of specialization and at least two (2) of the publications within the last three years at the time of application.
o Minimum of five (5) years teaching experience.
o Evidence of community engagement.
1. Qualifying persons should submit five (5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five (5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants’ education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a big (A4) sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement.
2. Applicants for the vacancy of Teaching Assistants in the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery should indicate the relevant experience and area of interest on the application letter.
3. Applications should be hand-delivered to the Office of the University Secretary and addressed to:
The University Secretary,
Lira University, P.O. Box 1035, Lira.
4. Applicants can also apply on-line by sending scanned application letter, curriculum vitae and relevant documents to [email protected]
6. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2020.
7. Lira University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Applicants should show demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Due diligence by the university will form part of the selection criteria.
11. Any form of solicitation or lobbying will lead to automatic cancellation of Application.
o Teaches Postgraduate and Undergraduates Students.
o Provides monitoring and enhancement of quality teaching within the department.
o Participates in University staff development initiatives related to learning and teaching.
o Supervises undergraduate and graduate students.
o Develops innovative and attractive courses, shapes and influences curriculum development and actively contributes to the review of courses in accordance to the departmental strategy.
o Engages with other researchers internally, nationally and internationally and contributes to the research objectives of the University.
o Advises, mentors and supports junior colleagues.
o Supervises the work of others for example in research teams and postgraduate studies.
o Plans, coordinates and conducts research.
o Assesses and grades students in the University.
o Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor.