Senior Lecturer - Department of Geography
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
The Islamic University in Uganda invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions for the 2018/2019 Academic year.
Other benefits for the posts include housing allowance of 20% of basic salary and free medical treatment for self, spouse (s) and four biological children below 18 years of age at the University Health Center.
How to apply
Applicants should send 5 sets of a handwritten application letter, including copies of an up to date curriculum vitae (with all supporting documents attached on each application letter), and two (2) separate letters from referees.
- Teach postgraduate and undergraduates students.
- Provide monitoring and enhancement of quality teaching within the department.
- Participate in University staff development initiatives related to learning and teaching.
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate students
- Develop innovative and attractive courses, shape and influence curriculum development and actively contribute to the review of courses in accordance to the departmental strategy
- Engage with other researchers internally, nationally and internationally and contribute to the research objectives of the University.
- Advise, mentor and support junior colleagues
- Supervise the work of others for example in research teams and postgraduate studies.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct operational research in his/her specialty.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Developing curriculum and teaching guidelines; University teaching; Training program planning; Research planning; Social sciencesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)