Senior Lecturer-Educational Psychology
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
To teach undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University through well researched and prepared lectures; maintain academic and professional excellence through research and dissemination of research findings; and Contribute to the University and wider society through community service.Person Specification
(a) Should have a PhD in relevant Discipline.
(b) Must have published at least three articles in peer reviewed journal or at least three book chapters or one book with an ISBN Number since the last promotion/appointment.
(c) Three journal articles or book chapters shall be vetted.
(d) Should have supervised at least one graduate student to completion since last promotion/appointment to the rank of Lecturer.
(e) Should have a minimum of three years’ teaching or research experience in a reputable organization at the level of Lecturer or its equivalent.
(f) Should have contributed to community service.
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
1. To prepare well-researched lectures and delivering them to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
2. To set tests, examinations, and course work in accordance with University policy and regulations.
3. To administer and invigilate tests and examinations according to University policy and regulations. 4. To mark tests, course works and examination scripts, compiling, and grading examination results in accordance with University policy and regulations.
5. To guide and advise students on their academic performance.
6. To conduct research and disseminating research findings through conferences, seminars, and publications.
7. To supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students undertaking research projects.
8. To conduct seminars and tutorials.
9. To carry out administrative duties in the department as directed by the Head of Department.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)