Senior Lecturer (Social Sciences)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Kampala International University (KIU), the leading private university in Uganda is a vast regional institution with two campuses in Uganda and a campus in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The university offers a wide range of programmes in different field including: Science and Technology, Engineering, Management, Humanities, Education, Law and Health Sciences.
How to apply
All suitable qualified and interested candidates should send five copies of the below complete set of application documents:
- A detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcripts and certificates (including 'O' and 'A' level)
- Name and addresses of three referees
The Director Human Resource
Kampala International University
- Responsible for the delivery of teaching and learning activities at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, using appropriate materials and methods, devised and /or selected by the role holder.
Undertakes individual tutorial sessions, supervises projects and dissertations, manages external student activity which contributes to the student learning experience
Undertakes curriculum development and re-design, meeting appropriate QA standards and keeping abreast of pedagogic developments in the area(s) concerned.
Plans, designs and develops teaching and learning objectives and materials.
- Sets, marks and assesses course work and examination material, and participate in awarding processes at faculty and university level.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Reporting; Developing curriculum and teaching guidelines; University teaching; Exam preparation and grading; Assignment preparation and delivery; Social sciencesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)