Senior Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance; this position implements, maintains, and monitors legal risk and compliance requirements and actions for an assigned portfolio with regards to established law and regulation.
1.Review legislation, proposed bills, judicial decisions, best practice and market trends which have an impact on the Bank and advise/recommend changes to Bank policies and procedures.
2. Provide support in ensuring that the Bank complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Provide advice in relation to compliance matters as contained in the legislation.
3. Conduct internal legal compliance audits and examinations to ensure compliance with legislative requirements. Liaise with relevant business where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
4. Update legal compliance checklists and matrixes used for undertaking legal compliance reviews in line with legislation.
5. Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects and provided legal support in research, drafting and review of Bank policies, product terms and conditions.
6. Undertake risk related divisional activities (DORCCO, KRIs. RCSA. KCSA, Ethics Compliance, BIA, RVA, BCP & disaster recovery, audit tracker and crisis management) as allocated.
7. Undertake intellectual property registration and life cycle management as allocated.
8. Power of Attorney (PA) Management: Preparation, registration, revocation and maintain data/information of the KCB Kenya PAs.
9. Case law management (internal and external case law and legal opinions) and preparation and dissemination of practice notes, FAQs and training materials and guidelines.
10. Any other duties assigned.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)