Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank (Postbank) | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Legal Officer
- Bachelor's degree
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Senior Legal OfficerLegal Officer
Jubilee Insurance KE
Centum Investments Co. Ltd.
Jobs in LegalMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
PB 5.2 – KPOSB/LEGAL/1/18
Reporting to the Company Secretary & Head of Legal Services, the position is responsible for facilitating the execution of legal mandate of the Bank by providing efficient and effective legal services as will be required. This include management of legal risks and compliance with relevant legal statutes.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognised university.
• Post graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law.
• Certificate of Admission as an Advocate of the High Court.
• CPS (K) qualification will be added advantage.
• Computer proficiency.
• 3 years post admission working experience.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 4th Floor; Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street.
• Verify security documents and ensure that they are duly registered as required.
• Liaise with external lawyers, valuers, auctioneers and other consultants for effective management of services.
• Process legal documents pertaining to loans.
• Draw legal contracts, leases and other legal documents and ensure they are signed, sealed by authorised signatories.
• Follow up on litigation matters and attend court cases.
• Conduct legal research on legal issues and statutes guiding the operations of Bank and ensuring recovery of monies owed to the bank by debtors.
• Undertake assessment of fee notes for advocates and other consultants engaged by the Bank and witnessing of Bank documents.
• Provide legal advice to the Management of the Bank.
• Managing all insurance policies and claims for the Bank.
• Negotiate on insurance renewals and execute all insurance policy agreements.
• Advise on risk areas that may arise and ensuring they are adequately covered by relevant policies.
• Maintain and update the insurance assets register.
• Prepare budgets for renewal and advise on controlling expenditure.
• Attend to customer complaints and inquiries.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Risk analysis; Conflict and complaint resolution; Compliance; General insurance; Budgeting, financial planning; Legal analysis; Judicial processes and litigation; Legal counseling; Contract drafting and preparationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)