1. A Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Studies from a recognized institution; OR Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Studies from a recognized institution
.2. Five (5) years working experience in a wellestablished Library/information Centre, and
3. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a minimum grade of C or its acceptable equivalent with at least a C- in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, History, English or Kiswahili; and
4. Demonstrable knowledge of Library Management Systems.
5. Training in ICT related fields from a recognized institution.
6. Experience in an automated academic library will have an added advantage.
1. Issuing publications of Library clients.
2. Supervision of sectional library operations.
3. Conducting reference searches
4. In-charge of shifts.
5. Keeping and Analyzing statistics of borrowed publications.
6. Conducting reference searches.
7. Performing outreach activities.
8. Identification of information needs for various types of users.
9. Maintaining and interpreting information on library use.
10. Conducting information literacy programmes.
11. Institutional Repository Development.