Senior Manager- Property Valuations
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring, the role holder will value and render quick and accurate professional opinion, expertise, and information to the Bank on/of Bank properties as well as those offered as collateral security.
Qualifications, Experience And Competencies Required:
- Graduate/Professional qualification in Valuation Surveying.
- At least 3 years post registration working experience in the industry in a senior position.
- Sound knowledge of Banking processes and procedures.
- Duly registered surveyor (of Uganda) and holder of valid practicing certificate.
- Self-drive, maturity and high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Good client and interpersonal relations.
- Good interpretation and decision-making ability.
- Ability to manage complex and multifaceted stakeholders.
- Effective communicator and influencer.
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines.
- Good knowledge of banking products and evolving Credit Risk Management systems.
- Good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to lending and credits documentation.
Portfolio Quality monitoring;
- Provide a second opinion on valuations received from external valuers.
- Improve the quality of assets held as security.
- Monitor progress of on-going bank financed projects.
- Validation of the status of the Banks properties.
- Maintain, coordinate, and supervise a panel of external valuers.
- Evaluate performance of external valuers by sampling their work on regular basis.
- Expedite valuation of selected properties presented/proposed as security particularly specialized, high value, urgent and complex properties and property/projects under recovery and advise of their value (i.e. Market Value, forced sale value, and Insurance value), marketability and suitability as collateral security.
- Originate and maintain standard valuation guidelines and procedures for the Bank.
- Evaluate and monitor on-going developments projects.
- Advise the Bank on major developments on the property market on a regular basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all valued properties.
- Track expired valuation reports and follow them up for re-valuation as per policy guidelines.
- Valuation of collateral prior to liquidation in accordance with the Mortgage Act.
- Developing a tracking and monitoring mechanism for all expired valuation reports and follow up for re-valuation as per policy guidelines.
- Working closely with Credit Managers and Relationship Managers (RMs) to implement remedial plans by recommending appropriate actions for non compliant customers.
- Periodically accompanying RMs to client visits and/or meetings to address credit risk matters.
- Ensuring escalation of issues within the agreed timelines.
Governance and Controls;
- Ensuring that all processes adhere to laid down controls and procedures in accordance with Bank policies and Prudential Guidelines issued by the Central Bank and any other relevant regulatory requirements.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate - the official certificate for your highest education
Other Jobs at DFCU Bank
Credit Managers - Corporate
DFCU Bank / Uganda
Environmental, Social and Governance Officer
DFCU Bank / Uganda
French Public Experts Roster – State-Owned Enterprises (H/F)
Nairobi / Expertise France
Nairobi / Optiven Limited
Operations & Client Relationship Manager
Nairobi / Anonymous Employer
Fort Portal / Watu Credit
Custom location, / Watu Credit