Senior Procurement & Logistics Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Kenya, BURNdesigns, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable andeconomical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmfulsmoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sellthe world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we arealso the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products insub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturingfacility.
Since2013, BURN has sold 650,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoveshave helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expendituresand 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to doublesales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa.
BURNis now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves - as well as a newrange of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves - to Sub-Saharan Africa &beyond. Over the next 3 years BURN will enter into 6 new countries and launch 5new products.
TheEmployee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:ProcurementRoles
- Coordinate with new product development,engineering, production and other departments for clear specifications andprocurement of materials, spares, consumables, samples and parts
- Interpret suggested requirements from MRPand place orders with various local and international suppliers. Ensurefollow-up from the time the order is placed to receipt to ensure timelydelivery
- Undertake research and on boarding of newvendors
- Compare and evaluate offers fromsuppliers
- Prepare and conduct Request forQuotations (RFQ’s) and review quotations, Bid Analysis
- Monitor stock levels and place orders forreplenishment as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensureproper storage planning for planned inbound deliveries
- Ensure good communication, procedures andrelationship is maintained with suppliers
- Undertake online purchases in conjunctionwith finance department
- Ensure filing of all procurementdocuments
- Work and liaise with the supply chainmanager on record keeping for documents and data for duty remission scheme andVAT exemption
- Track and coordinate inbound shipment ofparts, samples, spares etc using courier and shipping agents and track delivery
- Source for transport/logistics agent asand when required and negotiate competitive rates
- Liaise with various agencies and arrangefor export documentation for finished products and other company items
- Ensure all vehicles in the fleet are ingood condition through preventive and breakdown maintenance
- Any other duties as may be advised fromtime to time
Knowledge & SkillsDescription Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Knowledge, skills and any otherinformation required to be successful in this role.
- Degree Level or equivalent in a Procurement Discipline
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Procurement Operations, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in ERP systems – preferably Microsoft NAV
- Warehousing and Distribution experience
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience in Customs systems and procedures will be advantageous
- Effective relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Detail Orientated and highly organized
- Independent thinker capable of dealing at all levels of the organization
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself