The incumbent will report to the Head of Partnerships to strategize, identify, disseminate information and deliver on concrete partnership initiatives and private sector led opportunities that scale AGRA’s efforts.
The Senior Program Officer Partnerships role is to develop and scale partnership intervention models that support private sector led agriculture development and mobilization of (private) investments in the AGRA’s key value chains in 11 African countries. In addition, the role will position AGRA as a preferred partner for private sector-led agriculture development, and a leading initiator, convener and catalyst of multi-stakeholder partnerships that drive transformation.Requirements
- 15 years’ post qualification experience, with special technical expertise in Agribusinesses in Africa.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience in program management.
- Good command of English required, French is an added advantage.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Strong private sector experience in either agribusiness, finance or related sector
- Has experience in working on joined projects with African governments, researchers, development partners.
- Deep understanding of African Agribusiness trends, activities, investment related policies.
- Familiarity with agricultural development programs.
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.