Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Growing youth unemployment poses a fundamental challenge for the African continent. In total, around 60 percent of unemployed people in the region are under the age of 25 and young women are especially affected. In response to these challenges the African Union Commission (AUC), the NEPAD Agency and the German Development Cooperation have initiated the Skills Initiative for Africa (SIFA). The Skills Initiative for Africa promotes occupational prospects of young Africans through the support of innovative skills development programs and a close cooperation with the private sector as an integral and key stakeholder in the creation of jobs. To this end, SIFA seeks to partner with the Business Community, through cooperation with apex national, regional and continental business organisations, to find meaningful ways by which to engage to realize the delivery of quality and relevant educational programs. In addition, this cooperation will yield upscaling of practically - oriented skills development and training initiatives to prepare youth at all levels for employment and entrepreneurship opportunities across the continent.
Consequently, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), on behalf of its implementation partners, the AUC and NEPAD Agency, seeks to employ a suitably qualified, motivated, and innovative individual for the position of a Senior Technical Advisor for the management and facilitation of private sector partnerships with the TVET sector and other key stakeholders for employment-oriented skills development.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experiences
1. Qualifications: An Honours degree (Masters preferred) in one of the following fields
• Education, development studies, political science, business administration, project management, employment or equivalent
2. Professional experience
Candidates should have skills and experience in the following areas, and be able to demonstrate a track record of at least 7 years in one or more of these:
• Experience in the field of Skills Development/TVET/employment/private sector engagement; business administration, development economics, development studies, employment and labour market assessment.
• Demonstrated ability to work on complex development related issues;
• Experience and track-record working with private sector and/or private sector organizations;
• Proven excellent report writing and Strong communications skills – verbal and writing; innovative media presentation
• Demonstrated skills in project management, business negotiation, and working with institutional leaders (public sector, private sector, civil society, development partners);
• Ability to be a self-starter and work productively with limited on-site supervision, and minimal administrative support
• Proficiency in English and French, knowledge of Arabic/Kiswahili is an advantage.
GIZ KE has no other jobs