Job verified by Fuzu
Palladium Group | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Inputs
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Component 2 Lead will lead implementation of all activities aimed at achieving Component 2 goals of improved regional agricultural inputs to facilitate access to modern, innovative agricultural technologies and increase production throughout the region.
• Provide technical and managerial support to develop and implement innovative strategies to accelerate use of agricultural inputs in selected cross-border value chains, including fertilizer, pesticides, irrigation, feed, vaccines, and improved technology.
• Provide technical support to improve access to finance for farmers, traders, distributors and other actors along the value chain to strengthen and promote adoption of high-quality inputs and new technologies.
• Improve the distribution and availability of agriculture inputs through the development of agro-dealerships, cross-border agro-dealership associations, and other private sector networks.
• Improve the availability of regional access to improved seed inputs, and support regional government institutions and the private sector to increase their capacity to produce and distribute high quality seeds.
• Promote cross-border investments in the agricultural input sector.
• Facilitate the interconnectedness of cross-border agricultural input market systems, scaling new technologies to increase adoption in the region, and promote policies with stakeholders across borders that will improve regional input distribution, input availability and adoption.
• Other duties as assigned.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Business strategy; Foreign trade financing; Project implementation; Agriculture and natural resourcesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply