Job verified by Fuzu
University Research Company:Centre for Human Services | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Technical Advisor – MNCH
- Bachelor's degree
- Medical, health
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Senior Technical Advisor – MNCHFamily Physician
Aga Khan Development Network
Aga Khan Development Network
Claims Assessor Group Life
Jubilee Insurance KE
Assistant Branch Manager-Kakamega
Jobs in Medical, healthMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Technical Supervisory roles:
Technical Support & Coordination
- Supervise all activities for improving access and quality of MNCH services in all 8 districts in Acholi region in consultation with District Technical Coordinators (DTCs).
- Support development, timely submission and tracking of annual, quarterly, monthly work plans and budgets for technical assistance for MNCH services.
- Carry out regular activities to assess and build competency of DHTs and District Technical Coordinators supporting in the selected districts/ health facilities.
- Lead a team of Advisors to improve access to and quality of family health services in Acholi region.
- Have overall responsibility for achieving project targets in Family health (MNCH, FP, Malaria and Nutrition) and integration of services. Provide technical support to health facilities and districts in Acholi region to implement and meet set targets.
- Provide overall technical support and oversight for the integrated Family Health services in Acholi region in coordination with District Technical Coordinators and project partners.
- Supervise a group of advisors to improve access to quality of family health services. Ensure improved demand for family health services in Acholi region.
- Conduct coaching and mentorship, training and managing coaches at district and regional level, generate and document best practices. Build the capacity of district teams to continuously support health facilities to improve family health services. Build capacity of district counterparts, DTCs and partners staff.
- Improve access to and quality of BEmONC and CEmONC in Acholi region.
- Lead coordination at the regional and national level in the area of Family Health for the project in consultation with the supervisor.
- Ensure timely submission of quality and accurate reports quarterly, biweekly and at all other requested times.
- Review and improve technical strategies employed by the technical teams and District Technical Coordinators supporting Family Health services to ensure the RHITES N Acholi project work plan is adhered to and implemented with measurable success.
- In collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation team ensure that data collected is accurate, valid and captures process and outcome indicators.
- In collaboration with knowledge management staff, lead the process of documenting best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine biweekly updates, quarterly and annual reports for the work done.
- Develop, support and maintain a pool of district and regional coaches who will support the health facility improvement teams to improve the quality of care and services provided in the above named technical areas.
- Integrating appropriate gender strategies and ensure appropriate youth engagement.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor / Chief of Party.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Data collection; Mentoring and coaching; Project implementation; Public health; Research planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)