Job verified by Fuzu
Palladium Group | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Component 3 Lead will lead implementation of all activities aimed at achieving all the cross-cutting Component 3 goals including improved ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner than reduces vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.
• Provide technical and managerial support to develop and implement innovative strategies to improve regional resilience, including crop and livestock storage systems, drought resistant cropping and livestock systems, and use of weather response and adapting technologies.
• As this component is cross-cutting, ensure resilience efforts are closely linked and integrated across all other components.
• Liaise with regional private and public stakeholders to ensure cohesive approach and implementation of resilience activities. These activities include trade enhancing systems such as efficient storage, transportation, and flows of crops and livestock across borders during emergencies.
• Build capacity of regional institutions, private sector associations, regulatory officials, and cross border coordination bodies to prepare for and respond to key constraints during shocks.
• Strengthen existing informal and/or formal regional level safety net programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Training program planning; Project implementation; Innovation processes; Agriculture and natural resourcesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply