Job verified by Fuzu
Palladium Group | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Palladium seeks a Senior Technical Advisor of resilience for the anticipated USAID "Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR)" activity that spans across all East African Community (EAC) countries (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda), and additional countries in East Africa (Zambia, Somalia, Sudan, Djibouti and Ethiopia). The STARR activity will promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can mainly be solved on a regional basis. STARR's interventions will be directed through four interrelated project component areas: 1) strengthening cross-border agriculture trade and value chains, 2) improved regional agricultural inputs, 3) strengthening resilience, and 4) strengthening the regional policy environment.
The Component 3 Lead will lead implementation of all activities aimed at achieving all the cross-cutting Component 3 goals including improved ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner than reduces vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.
• Provide technical and managerial support to develop and implement innovative strategies to improve regional resilience, including crop and livestock storage systems, drought resistant cropping and livestock systems, and use of weather response and adapting technologies.
• As this component is cross-cutting, ensure resilience efforts are closely linked and integrated across all other components.
• Liaise with regional private and public stakeholders to ensure cohesive approach and implementation of resilience activities. These activities include trade enhancing systems such as efficient storage, transportation, and flows of crops and livestock across borders during emergencies.
• Build capacity of regional institutions, private sector associations, regulatory officials, and cross border coordination bodies to prepare for and respond to key constraints during shocks.
• Strengthen existing informal and/or formal regional level safety net programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Training program planning; Project implementation; Innovation processes; Agriculture and natural resourcesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply