Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
AEC Kenya Ltd is a full-service business development firm, providing training, consulting, and access to finance to entrepreneurs across the country. With corporate headquarters in Nairobi, AEC Kenya supports entrepreneurs through program offices in Mombasa, Kakuma Refugee Camp, and Dadaab Refugee Complex in Garissa County.
AEC Kenya is an affiliate of the African Entrepreneur Collective. Founded in 2012, AEC is a 150-person organization that seeks both social impact and financial sustainability. AEC has worked with more than 25,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, ranging from refugee entrepreneurs to tourism businesses to agriculture exporters, all with the goal of creating jobs and improving livelihoods. The company has operations in Kenya, Rwanda, and will soon open in Ethiopia, Jordan, and Lebanon.
AEC Kenya is looking to hire qualified, dedicated, and highly talented team members who will ensure that the company has skills needed to facilitate its business operations and growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
AECKenya Ltd. seeks a highly talented, organized Senior Trainer who will manage and train a team of BDAs and Training Support Associates in the pilot refugee livelihood program in the Daadab refugee camp, replicating the success of Inkomoko in Rwanda and Daadab, Dagahaley, and Hagadera refugee camps in Kenya.
The Senior Trainer will join our team with core responsibilities as follows:
- Supervise BDAs and Training Support Associates staff in Daadab, Dagahaley, and Hagadera refugee camps, setting their work plans, quarterly performance reviews, and maintaining weekly staff check-ins
- Be aware at all times of key goals and develop daily strategies to achieve those goals in alignment with budget and culture
- Work with Regional Refugee Director to plan and manage the budget, staffing, and other resource needs to deliver program outcomes
- Interpret, apply, and ensure departmental compliance with applicable donors and local policy laws and regulations.
- Lead local staff meetings and other organizational activities to share information with the team
- Ensure all staff under your supervision are compliant with organizational HR policies, and implement disciplinary actions when they are not
- Liaise with Regional Refugee Director to ensure smooth operations (i.e. Managing Director, Loan Department, Finance Department, etc)
- Be a good ambassador in ensuring the organizational culture is understood and followed through by all staffs under your supervision
- Represent the company in a highly professional manner in stakeholders’ and government
meetings and events in the absence of the Regional Director
- Elevateimportant trends, risks, and other notable activities to management
- Develop new and review existing content to match client needs and refugee business
dynamics in Rwanda and Kenya
- Manage training in all locations for all incoming clients in Garissa County
- Implement training of trainers as part of the ongoing classes schedule for BDAs
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods in several locations
- Shadow all the BDAs during training in all the locations
- Recommend clients that need extra/specific attention to the relevant Business Development Advisors of the location
- Coordinate with BDAs/TSA efforts about the training to clients and partners to ensure full participation
- Draft training reports from assigned locations and updates the online report
- Record billable hours and activities in organizational tracking systems (Odoo, etc)
- Maintain an updated training schedule on the calendar and the website
- Work with the Monitoring & Evaluation department to ensure training are assessed for impact and value to entrepreneurs
- Coordinate and manage the Training Support Associate and other training staff or instructors for smooth logistics
- Attend all Company-wide meetings and maintain organizational values in all situations
- Provide participant or financial reports to funders and partners as needed
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant fields and serving entrepreneurs
- Education requirement: MBA, Project Management, and other relevant academic
- Experience business training, facilitation, content development, business consulting,
business planning, and providing business advice
- Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with business financial policies
- Flexible and able to deliver results under pressure
- Experience working and managing teams remotely
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel, Word, project management tools(ie:
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Outgoing and Social
- Honest and professional
- University education OR currently pursuing it
- Be between ages 25-35 years
- Excellent communicator to audiences in Swahili and English
- Must be based in the camp
- Access to a smartphone 24/7
- Candidate should not be employed by any other organization with Camp activities currently
All staff embodies the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others. Be compassionate and inclusive.
Tuko Pamoja: We appreciate our colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
- A fun, collaborative work environment that is driven by our values and mission
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Kenya
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
4 days left to apply
African Entrepreneur Collective
African Entrepreneur Collective works with local entrepreneurs so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs. AEC has 140 staff in offices in: - Rwanda (Kigali and Musanze) - Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab, Kakuma) Working with 14,000 entrepreneurs in 2020, AEC is poised to grow with new offices in Kenya in 2021, providing training, consulting, and access to affordable finance. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Meet your new colleagues
4 days left to apply