Job verified by Fuzu
VSO Jitolee | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Sexual Reproductive Health Specialist
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Medical, health
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Build and strengthen the capacity of health workers, clinical leads and Village Health Team members in Adolescent friendly maternal, sexual and reproductive health services, essential newborn care and emergency maternal obstetrics care through trainings, on the job coaching, mentoring and support supervision. Support strengthening of referral pathways and functioning of maternity and labour wards at Nadunget Health Center (HC) IV and level III health care facilities in Moroto region. Provide technical advice and support implementation of policies and procedures.
- Strengthen the skills of health workers in Nadunget HCIII and surrounding HCs in the delivery of appropriate and effective SRH services through providing on-the-job training
- Coach and supervise midwives on basic emergency obstetric and new-born services (BeMONC) and in this appoint champions who will roll out mentorship and supervision after the programme ends
- Support health workers in data collection, reporting and analyzing
- Advise the HCs and CBOs on the roll-out of integrated SRH and Family Planning counselling to adolescents and attend outreach sessions where appropriate
- Support in the implementation of the new National SRH guidelines
- Implement community support systems, such as antenatal or emergency plans
- Conduct Trainings of Trainers for hospital and health facility staff in BEMOC and antepartum care, aligned to outcomes needs assessment
- Support the monitoring and evaluation pertaining to maternal new-born and AYSRH services including maternal review and maternal mortality audit meetings.
- Participate in VSO health project planning and review meetings.
- Prepare and submit monthly plans and reports to VSO and partner, including documenting best practices, lessons learnt, and cases studies.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Midwifing; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Project preparation and planning; Mentoring and coaching; Training program planning; Project implementation; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply