Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 22 days left to apply for this job.
An international company that offers a one stop service and diversified product shop for the entire steel and plastic industry in East and Central Africa. They are currently seeking to recruit a Shift Engineer - Electrical to join their team.Qualifications
- He /she should hold a Bsc degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering,
- With at least two years’ experience of which should be in a busy environment preferably industrial setting, flexible, good interpersonal and communication skills and good analytical skills.
· Initiate, supervise, monitor and provide technical guidance on repairs and maintenance of factory machinery and equipment in accordance with professional regulations and standards.Required education
· Develop technical specifications and terms of reference for the procurement of spares and/ or services for the repair of equipment
· Support timely installation, commissioning of new machines and electro technical systems in line with LOTO and maintenance of high voltage( HV)(LV) switch gears and automatic systems in the Engineering room/ main substation
· Prepare sectional monthly schedule for the man power
· Plan, supervise and prepare regular reports on preventive maintenance as per the schedule to the maintenance manager
· Supervise contractors on various electrical assignments, by providing technical assistance
· Keep update about new development in field of electrical and electronics
· Directly responsible for installation and commissioning of transformers and substations
· To ensure right equipment and methods are used for monitoring
· Ensure staff training and staff development is carried out in accordance with the training calendar.
· Shall ensure QMS conformance, promoting customer focus, and reporting on QMS performance to the electrical manager.
· Responsible in handling both Internal and external communications related to the department.
· Ensures that there is focus, direction and control of QMS audits with proper planning of internal audit & management and addressing of non-conformities and corrective actions.
· Participate in preparation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), Work Instruction (WI) and review it on time whenever required.
· Ensure that all identified aspects related to your area of work that have a negative impact on the environment in the context of RRM’s EMS policy are properly managed and controlled.
· Ensure efficient use of all resource inputs to your operations and document the efficiency ratios.
· Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the IMS Management System.
· Ensuring that the Quality policy and Quality objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the framework of the organization.
· Guide and support the team to contribute to the effectiveness of the IMS;
· Ensure mandatory PPEs are properly and effectively used by all your Team members while at the work place.
· Ensure that all your Team members adhere to safety policies and work instructions.
· Report and participate in the investigation of incidents and accidents that occur at the work place.
· Identify any hazards that are likely to occur in the course of work and ensure control measures are taken in context of RRM’s OHS system.
· Assess the risk of identified hazards in the context of the organization’s OHS management system.
· Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control OHS hazards.
· Ensure that all reported job safety observations by the Team members are followed up and closed out.
· Any other job as may be assigned from time to time
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)