Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
The Standard Group Plc is a leading multi-media organization in Kenya. Our media brands include: The Standard newspaper, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, KTN Home, KTN News, KTNFarmers TV, KTN Burudani, Radio Maisha, Spice FM and Vybez Radio, Standard Digital, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising). As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for smart, creative and ambitious individual to join the Digital team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience;
- 2-3 years of experience in relevant field.
- Highly experienced in USSD & SMS development
- Experience in databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server etc)
- Comfortable working across the full web stack
- Strong debugging skills
Reporting to the Web Developer the incumbent Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for configuration of SMS short-codes and on-boarding clients on the SDP platform;
- Develop, code, test, and debug Apps around SMS platform;
- Follow software development lifecycle model;
- Work with other developers to understand and resolve software issues and problems;
- Help identify, document, and resolve customer requirements for software development and performance;
- May be called upon to take part in software demonstrations to a variety of stakeholders including clients;
- Maintain software coding standards and best practices;
- Adhere to cyber security standards;
- Experience programming with APIs and service-based architectures.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: native | Written: native)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate
- the official certificate for your highest education