Social Media Associate
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, JumiaTravel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics,home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.Skills and Qualifications:
- Marketing or Social Media Marketing Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least months experience with corporate social media management.
- Content, copy Writing and Proofreading
- Campaign Execution, Idea Presentation and Detail-Oriented
- Teamwork, self-Motivation,strong communication skills, networking, strong customer-service Skills,enthusiasm and collaboration.
- Huge learning experience in one of the fastest growing web firm
- Learn the top-gun method of entrepreneurship execution
- Build-up of one of the first web success story in Africa
- A highly challenging and empowering environment
- Working with top talented and multicultural team
- A flat structured working environment and direct engagement in decision making
- Manages company social media channels: Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Creates content that is engaging, relevant and has a vitality aspect.
- Assists social media management with large projects, events, and community management
- Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Manages social media communications
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Creates content that drives quality traffic to the Jumia website.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired skills
: Presentation skills; Customer service; Teamwork; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); Social media community management (admin); Creativity; Networking; Corporate communications; MarketingRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),