Fuzu Exclusive Job
Microsoft AppFactory Nanyuki | Nanyuki, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Software Developer Lead / AF Coach at Microsoft AppFactory, Nanyuki
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Intern or trainee
- Full Time
The Microsoft AppFactory internship programme offers Africa's technology enthusiasts and graduates the initial hands-on experience they need to succeed as professional software developers - able to design, develop, implement, and manage successful software solutions for a Cloud First, Mobile First world.
We are looking for a Software Developer Lead / AF Coach who is passionate about driving high-priority customer initiatives with a critical mindset to guide, design and coach junior developers. This is a technical coaching and customer-facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer solution development and deployment experience. They own the solution technical engagement, including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or proofs of concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
As an intern in the AppFactory programme you’ll be part of a development team responsible to deliver “real” projects to “real” clients. You’ll be mentored by dedicated senior developers in a real-world high-pressure environment of professional software development disciplines, processes and practices. This position is best suited for someone who is seriously interested in intensive learning, enjoys bringing their own perspectives and ideas to the table and work hard on delivering a quality product to the client.
- Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols and a background in cyber security.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep technical experience in enterprise mobile, identity and access control, & security solutions.
Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position within a software & services company.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
Project Experience. Type / qualities
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate, MCSA Linux on Azure Solutions Associate, AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Exam priorities: Architecting Azure Solutions 70-534, 70-398: Planning for and Measuring Devices in the Enterprise
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects).
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedJob start date
: Monday, March 19, 2018Contract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NanyukiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Intern or trainee
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 18 monthsRequired skills
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply