We are passionate about Africa and our drive is centered around smallholder farmers, so we are constantly developing and deploying solutions that increases and unlocks their value. Virtual City is active in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania and our vision is entry into twenty more countries in Africa over the next five years.
We are looking for a strong C# developer to join our team on a short-term assignment. As a C# Developer, you will have a strong understanding of the C# programming language and experience working with client-server desktop and web applications.
In addition, you will also be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of various client solutions and applications.
We are looking for a C# developer responsible for building C# applications. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
Proven experience as a .NET Core or a C# Developer
Proven experience working on Web APIs
BSc/BA in Computer Science or an IT related field
Familiarity with API integration
Prior experience working on identity management applications or software
Proven experience working on payment gateways
Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
Familiarity with architecture styles
Understanding of Agile methodologies
Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
Attention to detail
Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
Understanding of fundamental software design principles.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
• Participate in requirements analysis
• Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
• Test and deploy applications and systems
• Revise, update, refactor and debug code
• Improve existing software
• Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Communicate regularly with other stakeholders involved in the development process
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
• Outline and create testing and support strategies and exercises.
• Upload code to various code versioning tools to test for bugs and ensure code quality.
• Carry out continuous integration.
• Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support to clients and end users.
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application: