Solutions Architect Technology
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
The Technology Solutions Architect will provide support to both the Technical Division and sales divisions and will be responsible for the full life cycle of all technology products and services. These include consultancy, design, construction, installation, commissioning, testing, hand over. Which may be delivered independently or as part of an integrated security solution for one or more clients throughout the country. In addition, this role is responsible for the working with any outsourced consultants and contractors.Accountability:
The Solutions architect is accountable to the Technical Manager for his responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
• An energetic person with ability to transform, inspire and motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes;
• Strategic and logical thinker, ability to see the big picture and formulate strategies for the company and contribute to achievement of the company’s overall objectives;
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and provide others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
• An analytical and passionate transformative and visionary leader capable of providing mentorship and guidance on developing the capabilities and competencies of the Technical Team/Sales team.
• Enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Influential with an ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Commitment to results, customer focused, and goal driven;
• Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department; and
• High moral standing with impeccable integrity
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, design, IT, electronics or similar is essential
• Professional qualification in design technology, engineering, security and risk management or any related field.
• Minimum ten (10) years technical experience in the same industry with at least five (5) years' in the infrastructure / facilities security sector at a management level.
• Specialist knowledge in retail / residential, corporate, commercial and diplomatic alarm systems and alarm response to include integration with home automation, security / fire control and building management systems.
• Demonstrable experience of large scale and complex technology security solutions in at least 3 key sectors e.g. Oil & Gas, Hospitality, Large Commercial Buildings, Education Sector, New Builds / Mixed Use Development Projects, Health Care, Retail & Financial Services.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Intermediate user in CAD and / or REVIT experience essential.
• In-depth knowledge of the latest physical and electronic security systems including excellent technical / product knowledge of all types of security, fire and BMS systems and solutions such as but not limited to CCTV, IT networking, Access Control, Video Management Systems, Security Command Centres / Remote Monitoring, Tracking and Alarms
• Ability to understand and apply and author project documentation, including but not limited to Technical Standards, Manufacturers Product Specifications, Customer Requirement Documents, Design, Quality & Performance, Specifications, Safety, Reliability & Regulatory Standards, Operations and Maintenance Manuals and Protocols.
1. Lead and drive the development of the technology division in line with KK’s strategic and business plans and values, working closely and collaboratively with the other Division Directors to assist in the delivery of cohesive, high quality, high impact projects;
2. Work with the Senior Management Team to assess and evaluate KK’s technical needs with respect to impact and effectiveness of projects, and company development;
3. Design and advise on all projects within agreed upon budgets, timelines and standards. This includes project management of small, medium and large consultancy, design and engineering projects. Prioritise activities and progress according to KK’s resources (time and money) and operational realities;
4. Participate in procurement by providing technical support to the tendering and selection process of any requirements in support of a project; and assisting with the negotiation of rates and terms with preferred suppliers. Maintain strict compliance with the company procurement policy;
5. Work with the management team in the development of the Company’s overall security strategy and seek to positively influence the progression and growth of the technical division;
6. Responsible for production of strategic security and engineering deliverables, drawings, documentation, reports, and presentation materials. This covers Security Strategy Reports, Security Audits, Security Risk Assessments, BMS Systems design, Fire detection & suppression systems design, Security Operations Reports (CCTV, ACS etc.);
7. Maintain ownership of deliverables, Concept Design Reports & Drawings, Scheme Design Reports & Drawings, Network Topology Design & Drawings, Detailed Design Reports & Drawings, Engineering Calculations (including Power, UPS, Network, Bandwidth, and Storage etc.), BoM and BoQ Reports;
8. Work with the Commercial team and support in business development activities by identifying new leads and opportunities;
9. Represent the Company during consultations with client representatives, government agencies and industry associates connected to specific projects;
10. Enforce compliance to set laws, regulations and customer requirements governing business operations;
11. Produce pipeline report and ensure that internal and external stakeholders, including the Senior Management Team and Board, are appropriately kept abreast of KK’s technical developments.
12. Commission and undertake security surveys and security risk assessments; and present findings of work to team members and clients in an iterative and participative manner as needed.
13. Information gathering and technical research relating to project specific design solutions. Keep abreast and maintain technology security awareness to include maintaining currency with the latest products and solutions available in the market; advise the business on best practices, technology changes and the subsequent adoption thereof.
14. Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, and ensure the best performance to meet the company’s needs
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
11 days left to apply