Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
A company based in Westlands is seeking a creative and motivated Sous Chef
to join their talented kitchen team in creating high-end international dishes. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen, supervising other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of any situation. The desired candidate Must
have at least 3 years’ experience as a Chef
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience creating international dishes.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and nutrition.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)